SAFETY WITH THE BALLET SOCIETY, NEW SOUTH WALES
The Ballet Society, New South Wales are working hard to make you feel confident returning to the Ballet in 2021!
To help you feel secure when booking tickets, we are offering:
- Account credits if you are sick and unable to attend Dress Rehearsal performances.
- If a performance is cancelled, your choice of a refund, credit, or donation will be processed within 21 days of request.
Terms and Conditions apply as outlined in The Ballet Society, New South Wales COVID Ticketing Policy.
STAYING SAFE IN 2021
Help Stop the Spread
Cough into your elbow and wash your hands often and carry hand sanitiser with you.
When to Stay Home
Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or if you are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms as identified by the Department of Health. For more information on refunds see our COVID Ticketing Policy.
Keep Your Distance
Keep a distance of 1.5 metres in foyers and queues. Please adhere to spaced seating plans and always take your allocated seat.
Pay with card
Contactless payment methods are strongly encouraged, so please bring a credit or debit card for onsite purchases.
SAFETY AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House and its food and beverage centres are registered as COVID Safe businesses with the NSW Government. To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, the Opera House has a number of COVID safe measures are in place for the safety and wellbeing of everyone on site:
- Patrons and visitors aged 16 years and over entering the building or attending the Opera House’s bars and restaurants are required to show they are fully vaccinated unless lawfully exempt (under 16s not fully vaccinated must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult from their household);
- Face masks are required for patrons aged 12 years and over while inside our foyers and theatres unless lawfully exempt. We highly recommend children aged 11 years and younger wear a mask at all times;
- QR code check-in – all patrons and their guests must continue to check-in upon entry with the Service NSW QR code;
- Reduced theatre capacities – venue capacity is currently limited to 75%. Please note that you may be seated directly alongside other patrons;
- Well maintained and effective air conditioning systems that maximise ventilation with fresh air;
- Regular cleaning of high-traffic and high-touch areas with hospital-grade disinfectant;
- Hand sanitiser stations available in paths of travel, frequently accessed areas and near bathroom facilities; and
- COVID-19 safety training for all operational, frontline and contract staff, as well as on-site COVID-19 Safe Hygiene Marshals.
The Opera House is closely following all NSW Government health guidelines and will continue to update its policies and procedures as necessary.
View Sydney Opera House’s website for further information to Plan Your Visit and view Terms and Conditions.
Sign up for our news
Receive ballet news, insights and events by registering to receive our En Pointe newsletter and other virtual updates.
Please enter your details. All fields are mandatory*.
Existing members can update details or access their Ballet Society, New South Wales account here.
Connect with The Ballet Society, New South Wales on social to share photos, stories and ballet updates.