JOIN OUR TEAM
Events and Marketing Manager
|Reports to:||The General Manager|
|Type of Employment:||Part Time (3 days per week)|
|Hours of Employment:||Combination of office hours and out of office hours for meetings and events|
|Salary:||$80,000 plus Superannuation (pro rata for 3 days per week)|
|Location:||The Rocks, Sydney|
The Ballet Society (TBS) NSW works closely with teams from The Australian Ballet (TAB) and The Australian Ballet School (TABS) to jointly deliver events and activities. 2023 marks the 50th anniversary of TBS NSW and a celebration of 60 years of TAB which provides significant opportunity for fundraising and membership growth.
TBS NSW is managed by two distinct part-time positions. These roles are the General Manager and the Events and Marketing Manager.
The Events and Marketing Manager reports to the General Manager, who in turn reports to the Chair of TBS NSW. Both roles work closely together as an effective, efficient, and unified team, with a degree of independence and self-direction based on individual professional experience and skillsets. Success of this team requires a significant degree of sharing and follow-through of tasks and maintaining support for each other.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The primary purpose of the Events and Marketing Manager is:
- To successfully plan, budget, manage and execute the annual program of TBS NSW events, with a particular emphasis on selling out all dress rehearsals.
- To develop and implement a marketing strategy to grow the organisation and membership base and sell events.
- To support business development through member retention and renewal strategies and seeking external partnerships.
This role is also responsible for the ongoing measurement, reporting and process improvement of these functions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate organisation and event specific marketing and communication strategies, to ensure the correct positioning of the organisation in line with the organisational strategy.
- Create and deliver innovative and results-driven marketing and communication plans to ensure demand for events is met via ticket sales.
- Through targeted marketing campaigns and membership engagement programs, grow and diversify TBS NSW membership, supporting strategic priorities and engagement targets.
- Develop and execute specific communications with TBS NSW donors.
- Execute marketing and communication plans, including development of a range of engaging marketing collateral, content, and campaigns, including a focus on effective use of social media and digital marketing tactics.
- Content manage TBS NSW website and social media platforms and write creative, engaging, and accurate content for the promotion of TBS NSW events, ensuring brand values and guidelines are complied with.
- Create proposals for the procurement/engagement of services to support communication needs and manage these services, including graphic design.
- Lead media and PR as required.
- Develop a balanced scorecard of KPI’s and targets for each marketing/event campaign. Measure and report on performance and take pre-emptive/corrective action as appropriate.
- Manage ticketing for all dress rehearsals and events including building events on the CRM and website and managing ticketing sales and enquiries.
- Manage the website for all other items.
- Work with TBS NSW Council to develop an innovative and engaging annual program of events to engage current members and attract new members across target member segments.
- Plan, budget, manage and deliver annual program of events (including dress rehearsals and other TBS NSW events).
- Plan, execute and report on events using established event/project management programs, processes and tools.
- Manage budgets and costs to support both the organisational marketing strategy and individual event budgets.
- Develop, execute and report on event risk management to TBS NSW Council (including financial risks).
- Develop and execute strategies to sell tickets for dress rehearsals and events including selling tickets to groups and other dance partners.
- Research, liaise and negotiate with venues and other key suppliers to ensure the best prices and services for TBS NSW events.
- Research and liaise with suitable event guests, with the assistance of TAB and TABS, or through external contacts.
- Manage the event guest lists (including catering, table seatings and special requests).
- Manage venue catering, signage, logistics planning, AV, and other technical suppliers.
- Manage and liaise with event sponsors/partners and stakeholders.
- Research, develop and nurture commercial sponsorship relationships to seek income/contra funding to support events and support the growth of TBS NSW brand.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, seek public sector funding, in line with the organisational strategy.
- Provide on-site management and control during set-up, delivery, and post event management for all events.
- Solicit and/or evaluate feedback from events and take appropriate action as required for future events.
- Gather, analyse, and present structured information for use by TBS NSW Council and external stakeholders for organisational planning and strategy.
- Procure services in line with relevant TBS NSW procurement policies and procedures, including working with preferred suppliers.
- Engage and manage marketing interns.
- Ensure all activities are recorded onto the customer relationship management system (CRM) in accordance with TBS NSW operational standards and processes.
- General administrative duties including phone and email ticket sales and memberships enquiries and other office duties in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Attend monthly Council meetings.
- Developing effective relationships with all key stakeholders, including TAB and TABS, whilst representing the interests of TBS NSW.
- Balancing the diverse needs of multiple stakeholders (internal and external).
- Growing the diversity of memberships and developing a program to service this diversity.
- Balancing the daily operational needs with creative and lateral thinking and the ability to plan, budget, track and evaluate the marketing and event strategy over time.
- TBS NSW General Manager.
- TBS NSW Interns and Volunteers.
- TBS NSW Members and other patrons.
- TBS NSW Council and Councillors.
- The Ballet Society South Australia and Victoria, forming the Alliance, as well as other TAB and TABS support organisations,
- Marketing and events suppliers and providers.
- Management and personnel liaison with TAB (Sydney and Melbourne) and TABS.
- TAB and TABS Subscribers, Donors, and Supporters.
- Sponsorship, promotional and in-kind supporters.
- Venue operators and venue service providers.
Judgement and Decision Making
- Be self-directed and pro-active in line with professional experience and qualifications while working within the established guidelines of the position and TBS NSW policies and procedures.
- Exercise discretion and decision making in order to maintain high quality outcomes.
- Decisions which may require a deviation from standard procedures or are perceived to present a risk to the business, relationship, or self, should be referred to the General Manager and/or TBS NSW Council.
- Make recommendations regarding event viability and logistics to the General Manager or TBS NSW Council for approval, then implement.
Essential Requirements and Skills
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Communicate effectively and source, build and maintain positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible, pro-active team player approach and attitude.
- Professional and mature approach towards managing workflow and workload.
- Ability to influence and negotiate.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and multiple projects.
- Working understanding of Intellectual Property rights including Copyright, Moral Rights, and use of images.
- Professional approach and good self-presentation.
- Entrepreneurial and creative thinking.
- Lateral thinking and problem solving.
- Experience in marketing, communication and event/project management tools including; Mailchimp, Adobe Design, Canva, Hootsuite, Planoly, Asana and CRM and ticketing platforms.
- Some after hours and weekend work will be a requirement of this position.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A degree in Marketing, Event, Project Management or relevant experience.
- Five+ years marketing/events/project management experience in events, theatre, entertainment, or related industries.
- High level applied knowledge of the marketing and sales functions sales of a membership or customer focussed organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in event planning, project management and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in researching, developing, and implementing organisational and event marketing strategies.
- Experience working with a small team and Board/Council relationship management.
This position description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. The position will be expected to perform other job-related tasks requested by the General Manager or TBS NSW Council, and as necessitated by the development of this role and TBS NSW.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should respond to the position description, and address the selection criteria and include:
- A covering letter and current CV (no more than 3 pages).
- The names and contact details of two referees.
Applications should be submitted as a PDF document with your name and the position title as the document’s name and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that the subject of the email reads as “Events and Marketing Manager application: name of applicant”
Applications close on Wednesday 14 June at 5pm. Due to the high volume of expected applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted personally.
Should you have any further questions regarding this position please contact email@example.com
INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERS
There are currently no volunteer positions available with The Ballet Society, New South Wales.
Sign up for our news
Receive ballet news, insights and events by registering to receive our En Pointe newsletter and other virtual updates.
Please enter your details. All fields are mandatory*.
Existing members can update details or access their Ballet Society, New South Wales account here.
Connect with The Ballet Society, New South Wales on social to share photos, stories and ballet updates.