This voluntary position is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in marketing and communications. It will be of particular interest to someone who wants to develop knowledge and skills within the arts/not for profit sector.
As a Volunteer Marketing Assistant, you will provide general support to the Events & Marketing Coordinator with the implementation of marketing strategies. The candidate will gain experience in all stages of creating and delivering marketing campaigns. In addition, the Volunteer Marketing Assistant will provide general support to both the Events & Marketing Coordinator and Administration Coordinator.
You will have some existing experience in marketing or communications or in some other allied experience, such as tertiary education, that is aligned to this position.
Friends of The Australian Ballet NSW is committed to the quality of the volunteer and internship programs we offer. The successful candidate will be provided with a tailored mentoring program and genuine learning and development opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This position will support the Events & Marketing Coordinator and the Administration Manager to create and deliver a range of different marketing materials. The nature of the responsibilities and duties will vary but will include:
- Assisting with administrative duties;
- Responding to incoming enquiries about Friends of The Australian Ballet and our events;
- Sourcing media content to share on Friends website, social media and in newsletters;
- Writing copy and articles for The Friends website, e-news and other collateral;
- Participating in creative meetings and planning sessions in relation to marketing execution;
- Designing, presenting and implementing new social media campaign ideas;
- Attending the Events and Marketing Committee meetings, the first Wednesday evening of each month;
- Securing gifts, raffle prizes, and other sponsorship;
- Tracking and analysis of online content
- Use of ticketing/CRM system;
The following skills and knowledge need to be demonstrated:
Specialist Knowledge and Skills
- Keen interest in marketing, writing and social media;
- Highly computer literate; experience using email, Microsoft Office, and social media;
- Proactive, creative and enthusiastic;
- Appreciation of the performing arts, particularly ballet or dance;
- Experience, interest in or commitment to a career in the arts, a membership-based organisation or within the not-for-profit sector.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems or custom relationship management systems is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Proven ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work flexibly, and think on your feet;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
The role does not require formal qualifications in marketing or communications but candidates who are currently completing related education are highly desirable. Demonstrated experience in a similar role or self-initiated project that is aligned to this position is needed.
Applications close 18 June andshould include:
- A cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria, no more than 2 A4 pages.
- A current CV, no more than 2 A4 pages.
- A writing sample, no more than 1 A4 page.
Please submit your applications to
Friends of The Australian Ballet
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Amy Hill on the above email or call Friends of The Australian Ballet on 02 9252 7322 Mon – Thurs 9.30am – 4.30pm.