What do the Friends of The Australian Ballet (NSW) do?
Through your support by becoming a member and attending regular and special events, you are assisting in contributing towards maintaining Australia’s national treasure, The Australian Ballet.
The Friends’ donations assist in offsetting rising costs and allow the Company to maintain the quality and calibre it enjoys today and give it the opportunity to tour both nationally and internationally.
It assists by encouraging new young talent, through the awarding of scholarships and providing support annually to the new dancers joining the Company with a contribution towards shoes and make-up.
The Friends also provide financial assistance through a Scholarship for a NSW Student of The Australian Ballet School.
In addition financial aid is given to one-off projects as and when need arises. This is managed at the discretion of The Friends of The Australian Ballet Council.
As a Member you will receive
- The privilege of being part of The Australian Ballet’s dress rehearsal audience.
- The opportunity to meet and welcome the “new dancers” joining The Australian Ballet.
- Gain insight into the ballet culture through specially presented events.
- Attend cocktail functions, lunches, talks and presentations by dance professionals and experts.
- Access information through this website, periodicals and regular direct mail outs.
- Invite your family and friends to attend dress rehearsals as your guest
2017 Memberships are now on sale
1 Year Memberships valid from 1 January to 31 December 2017, with 2 year memberships valid to 31 December 2018.
1 Year Adult – $50.00
1 Year Pensioner – $35.00
1 Year Youth under 18 – $25.00
2 year Adult – $90.00
2 Year Pensioner – $70.00
2 Year Youth under 18 – $50.00
If you would prefer to complete and send in an application form rather than doing it online, please click here
Give the Gift of Membership
Purchase a Gift Membership for family or friends (Click on the link below)